THE OVERALL PURPOSE & AIM
In this course module, you will be introduced to the theoretical basis of playful simulations, including the instructional dimension of using them in the educational process and of course, some practical examples.
More specifically, you will “playfully” learn about:
- Playful pedagogy in the instructional use of simulations;
- Existing Repositories of simulations and assessment rubrics;
- Tools for creating simulations and making them "playful";
- Case studies of simulations.
INTRODUCTION TO MODULE TEAM & MODULE
This module "Playful Simulations" is developed by the European University of Cyprus project team, including members from the School of Humanities, Social and Education Sciences.
OVERVIEW OF THE MODULE UNITS
In the following table, you will get an overview of the module sections' content (See one, Do one, Teach one, Remix one and Recap), the educational tasks and the expected learning outcomes of each section.
- Instructional Design - ADDIE model
- Identification of playful simulations
- Tools and technologies for creating simulations
- Design and development of playful simulations
- Design and evaluate an existing or develop a new simulation
- You will know how to evaluate and reuse a playful simulation
- You will know how to design and develop a playful simulation
RECAP & INTRO
Please start the module with See one unit where you will get a theoretical overview about playful simulations and how they contribute to learning. You will be also introduced to how to create playful simulations and how to assess existing ones.