SEE ONE: INTRO
In this unit you will get the theoretical overview about playful simulations and how they can be used in learning. More specifically:
- Definitions of different types of simulations
- Theoretical foundations of simulations as pedagogy
- Impacts of simulations on learners of all ages
- Implications for integrating simulations into the educational process
- Designing playful simulations
What - What is a playful simulation and what are the existing kinds of simulations?
Why - Benefits of using playful simulations in teaching and learning.
How - Ways in which a simulation can be playful and how can it be used in the educational process.
Outro - Summarizing and reflecting.
Before you dive into the unit...
Reflection is a great way to enhance your learning, so, before you move on with the topic try to reflect on the following questions:
- What makes a simulation playful?
- How can I integrate playful simulations into my teaching?
- Can I think of any existing playful simulations to retrieve useful content?
What to expect
Take a quick look at the theory included in the next units.