SEE ONE: INTRO
The aim of this learning unit is to give you:
- Deeper understanding of the pedagogical benefits of using video in teaching
- More inspiring examples of using video for empowering your teaching
- Better understanding of flipped classroom as a holistic teaching and learning method
Here you find an overview of the Playful video playground module and the See one unit
WHAT KIND OF CONTENT TO EXPECT IN THIS SEE ONE UNIT
The content of the SEE ONE unit could be summarized by questioning:
What - Knowledge and pedagogical theory on using educational video and experiences of using video in teaching: different types of educational videos, flipped classroom as a pedagogical method and tips for further reading.
Why - Benefits of using videos in teaching: rationals of using videos, benefits for both teachers and students. Video is just a technique, the pedagogical purpose is the reason of (why) using video in teaching.
How - Examples of the use of flipped classroom in teaching, as well as of the use of video in teaching.
Outro - At the end summarizing and reflecting on the core points of the unit.
REFLECTIONS & CREATING YOUR OWN LEARNING JOURNAL
When starting your learning journey and creating your own video playground, we encourage you to take notes and reflect on your own learning throughout the whole course module.
When documenting your reflections, you may use your own preferable way of taking notes or you could be more playful and use new ways of taking notes. Why not try blogging or vlogging, using online notebook (Evernote) or a journal, Google Docs, Word document, or challenge yourself by creating a mind map (online or on paper).
Watch the following videos to get some tips and ideas on how to take notes.
BEFORE YOU DIVE INTO THE CONTENT OF THE SEE ONE UNIT
Reflection is a great way to enhance learning. When you move on to the core content in this unit; keep the following questions in mind:
- Do you find any benefits of using video in your own teaching?
- Can you imagine yourself using and creating video for your own teaching?
- What are your thoughts about Flipped Classroom as a method?
- Possible obstacles and difficulties and how could you overcome them?