THE OVERALL PURPOSE & AIM
Assessment is a core issue for all involved in the educational process. Educational assessment can have different functions, involving different types and methods and can be a very stressful moment, for either students and teachers! In a first moment, it would seem difficult to imagine assessment in a playful mode, but this is the challenge we intend to analyze in this module.
The emergence of online educational resources brings new possibilities to educational assessment processes and dynamics. In this scope, there are new tools and applications opening new possibilities for the process.
In this course module, you will learn principles, methods, and tools to plan and implement online educational assessment. You also will learn how to create a playful online assessment.
After finishing this module you will be able to:
- know what is educational assessment and its key role in the teaching and learning processes;
- know the types of educational assessment and possibilities for online assessment tools to improve the process;
- identify methods and tools for online educational assessment and when to use them;
- characterize assessment criteria;
- use some tools for creating a playful online assessment.
INTRODUCTION TO MODULE TEAM & MODULE
The module "Playful assessment" is developed by a team of the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
OVERVIEW OF THE MODULE UNITS
In table below you will get the overview about module units See one, Do one, Teach one, Remix one and Recap. You will get to know what is the content of units, what learning tasks learners are expected to do and what are the learning outcomes of each unit.
- What is online educational assessment? Theoretical overview. Types and methods. Tendencies of online educational assessment.
- Why is assessment important in the teaching and learning processes? Online educational assessment advantages
- How to implement educational assessment? Pedagogical issues. Principles of effective assessment. Assessment criteria.
- Learning journal entry
- Know what is educational assessment and its role in the teaching and learning processes.
- Describe types and methods of educational assessment.
- Characterize online educational assessment tendencies.
- Identify principles and criteria of effective assessment.
- Possibilities and tools to create online educational assessment.
- Online assessment tools - what they are, what kind of assessment methods can be done, examples.
- Google form- what it is, what kind of assessment methods can be done, examples.
- Producing one online quiz and one online rubric.
- Learning journal entry where learners publish their online quizzes and online rubrics.
- You will be able to use some tools for creating online educational quizzes and rubrics.
RECAP & INTRO
Please start the module with See one unit where you will get a theoretical overview about educational assessment and how it contributes to the teaching and learning processes. You will be introduced to tools and strategies to plan and implement online educational assessment.