DO ONE: ASSIGNMENT & PLD ACTIVITY
EXERCISES / TASKS
DO ONE – ASSIGNMENTS
- Reuse existing video material in your own teaching
- Produce your own video material
- Engage your students to co-produce/produce a video
- Experimenting on video material production
- Implementing tools for video production
- Producing video material by using guides and instructions
- Planning your TEACH ONE blog post
- You will know how to create video material
- You are able to use different tools for creating videos
- You are able to analyze existing interactive videos and reuse them in your own context
- You are able to inspire your students to co-produce videos
ASSIGNMENT: CREATE YOUR OWN VIDEO PLAYGROUND
The aim of this unit is to experiment on producing video material. You can choose existing video material or produce your own video material and decide whether to implement the flipped classroom method in your teaching or not.
It's now time to implement video production into your teaching practice. You can choose between three alternatives:
- To use existing video material and implement video into your teaching practice
- Produce your own video material following the three stages in video production
- Engage your students to co-produce video material
1. To use existing video material
- Use the video material you have found in the previous assignment DO ONE: TOOLS
- How are you going to use the material in your teaching practice?
- What additional material do you need (i.e. text material, tests, assignments)?
2. To produce own video material
- Plan the production process
- Create a story-board
- Prepare the filming
- Filming in different contexts
3. Students to co-produce video material
- The aim of this assignment is to engage your students in creating videos
- Choose one purpose for your students to produce video
TEMPLATE FOR PLANNING YOUR DO ONE: ASSIGNMENT AND TEACH ONE BLOG POST
Here you find a template for planning your PLD activity, a.k.a. your DO ONE: ASSIGNMENT. The template consist of notes for documenting the PLD activity as well as for notes for the TEACH ONE blog post.
The PLD activity consists of four elements
- Create a lesson plan and plan how to implement flipped classroom in your teaching
- Produce own video material; reuse existing video material; or let your students produce video material
- Try out flipped classroom by using the video material in your teaching
- Evaluate your experiences of the activities and plan to write a blog post in TEACH ONE unit.
The template can be downloaded and filled in (pdf).